The Documentation Centre of the Research Centre documents scholarly research on multilingualism, with a particular focus on Switzerland’s four national languages. Our staff collects and makes available digital and physical holdings that deal with this topic. The holdings include:
- Internet sources,
- Grey literature,
- Press reports, radio and TV broadcasts, and
- In-house research reports and other publications of the Research Centre.
Our physical holdings are available to scholars and the general public. Users can search the collection via the system of the Library of the Canton and University of Fribourg and at the Library for Foreign Languages and Multilingualism of the University of Fribourg. Our digital collection can be accessed via our Web Portal to Multilingualism.
The Documentation Centre operates an online helpdesk for persons interested in multilingualism in Switzerland. Please send us your questions in German, French, Italian, or English.
As part of our work, we publish an annual Bibliography of Swiss Research on Multilingualism that compiles scholarly publications from Switzerland related to the field of multilingualism. The bibliography is published in four languages.
You can reach the head of the Documentation Centre:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: +41 26 300 71 46 (Tue, Wed, Fri), or
- In person at: Rue du Criblet 13, CH-1700 Fribourg.
The Web Portal to Multilingualism offers quick access to the most important digital holdings of the Research Centre. This is where you will find:
- The Web Guide on Multilingualism – an index with over 300 internet addresses that deal with themes of multilingualism and language learning;
- The continually updated online bibliography of Swiss scholarly research on multilingualism;
- The archive of research data of the Research Centre containing information and data on our research projects;
- Our thematic dossiers which contain bibliographic references on media publications tied to specific research topics.
Other offers are currently being developed.
The Library for Foreign Languages and Multilingualism of the University of Fribourg is dedicated to collecting and making available scholarly research on multilingualism.
To the library's homepage